Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Potting Shed

The potting shed.  I love the wreath that frames the window and the gourds hanging from the roofline.
A place to collect clay pots and potting containers.

 A welcoming rustic porch.

This picture was taken of us during the Christmas season of 2008.  I like this picture because you can see the entire potting shed.  I'm really bad about zooming in on just certain aspects of things I love.  I have to remember to step back and capture the big picture sometimes, too!

The potting shed is not just a regular functional building.  It has lots of history behind it and lots of stories built into the beams and boards.  The only thing my dad had to buy to build this shed was a box of nails to put it together.  The boards and tin came from an old barn that he and mom tore down together on a cousin's piece of property.  The windows and door came from my mother's grandmother's old farmhouse (Grandma Batchelor).  My mom created the garden hose wreath over the front door using a hose and pieces of barbed wire that she found laying around at my Granddaddy's (her dad's) old dairy barn.  If only these walls could talk....

No comments:

Post a Comment